The Sr. Manager/Director of Scientific Affairs will manage Medical Science (MSI) team members, through benchtop and/or preclinical programs that evaluate Nuvaira’s technology. The position will lead MSI team members in the analysis of clinical data to determine the clinical impact of Nuvaira’s technology and ensure development of scientific materials for effective internal and external dissemination of these learnings. The Sr. Manager/Director of Scientific Affairs will also support the Sr. Director of Science and Technology in providing executive level scientific strategic support to the executive committee. This position will interact regularly with senior level consultants, employees, suppliers and customers.
- Hire, train and mentor other scientists, engineers and supporting staff for the MSI group
- Manage others in the design and execution of internal benchtop studies, pre-clinical studies, and clinical sub-studies necessary to the development and understanding of Nuvaira’s technology
- Oversee analysis of data and composition of presentations/reports/manuscripts resulting from benchtop, pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Manage cogent dissemination of biological/physiological aspects of Nuvaira’s technology based on the known literature, and the learning’s from benchtop, pre-clinical and clinical studies through development of effective presentations, reports, and publications suitable for stakeholders with scientific and non-scientific backgrounds
- Manage the execution of Nuvaira’s publication strategy with input from Sr. VP Marketing, VP Clinical and Sr. Dir of Science and Technology
- Facilitate interactions between MSI team and the product development team to assess functional performance of Nuvaira’s technology in living tissue
- Facilitate interactions between MSI team and the clinical studies team in application learnings from bench, pre-clinical and clinical data analysis for planning of subsequent clinical studies and analytical evaluation of clinical study results
- Manage comprehensive support from the MSI team for regulatory submissions
- Manage planning and preparation of Nuvaira’s Scientific Advisory Board meetings including overall framing/messaging, generation of pre-read and presentation materials, documentation of meeting minutes
- Other activities as may be required by the company
- Project and team management experience
- Minimum 8+ years experience in medical device or related field
- Minimum Ph.D. degree in engineering or biological sciences or equivalent.
- Experience in experimental statistics, experimental design and implementation, clinical study design
- Experience in interventional pulmonary space
- 10+ authored publications in peer reviewed scientific journal
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.