This individual will lead Nuvaira’s strategic market development in the defined territory (half) of Germany. This individual will be responsible for physician training, education, site management and developing regional and local referral networks as part of our strategic development initiative for selected centers-of-excellence who will be early adopters of dNerva® targeted lung denervation therapy (“TLD”). This individual will operate with significant autonomy and will be expected to cultivate strong relationships of trust and integrity within the German-speaking medical community as well as within the company.
- Lead the development and execution of the company’s business plan for Germany
- Develop and execute site-specific market development plans to ensure successful start-up and growth of TLD programs in selected centers-of-excellence in Germany
- Recruit, lead and develop team members
- Assess the market environment and report on competitive activity and intelligence and macro trends with business-level, national or regional impact, as well as German-language publications of relevance to Nuvaira
- Develop mastery of the Nuvaira product and procedure in order to provide didactic and hands-on physician training as well as proctoring support of cases
- Assess performance of, and provide input and organized feedback to the company’s training, education, and reporting programs to assure best-in-class service
- Assess and identify emerging key opinion leaders and strategies to cultivate support with key constituencies within Germany
- Organize meetings, programs and updates to build a strong clinical network of TLD advocates in Germany
- Evaluate potential commercial expansion centers and strategies, prepare annual operating plans, and execute with accountability to budgets and plans
- Ensure that the company’s activities and actions are recognized as highly ethical and are widely respected for their track record of achieving positive results
- College Degree required
- 10+ years of medical device experience in sales and market development leadership
- Experience and proven capability to proctor interventional clinical cases in the operating theatre and guide physician training and competency development (pulmonary or cardiovascular hands-on proctoring experience preferred)
- Strong ability to interpret/use/present scientific literature and clinical study results
- Strong English language ability (written / spoken / medical/technical)
- Experience in building a commercial team in Germany as well as rolling up sleeves and personally driving key initiatives
- Experience driving a medical device launch that introduced a new technology/therapy requiring physician education and case support
- Understanding of German regulatory environment and reimbursement processes, including NUB programs
- Ability to develop and execute long range strategies designed to achieve competitive advantage, and translate strategies into specific objectives and cost effective operational plans
- Capability to give concise, clear, and motivational presentations to both internal and external stake holders
- Proven ability to cultivate an active network of relationships within and outside of the organization
- Willingness to travel extensively (50%+) within Germany and internationally (Europe/US) as needed
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Experience with interventional pulmonary devices desired
- Established network of relationships with key stakeholders (national, regional and local level) in Germany
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.