This position, reporting to the Vice President of Operations, is responsible for staffing and managing an Engineering team in support of the Manufacturing and Facilities operations at Nuvaira. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader of professionals, able to provide direction towards all Engineering functions, including Sustaining, Process Development, Process Improvement, and Facilities. Interaction with executive leadership in R&D, Sales & Marketing, Quality/Regulatory, and Finance will be a regular requirement thus excellent communication and presentation skills are required. Considerable influence regarding technical direction and process evaluation will be expected. This position will maintain a level of individual contribution.
- Managing functional, departmental, and organizational Engineering initiatives concurrently.
- Ensuring that all initiatives are in full compliance with company Quality policies, ISO and other relevant regulations, company SOP’s and manufacturing procedures.
- Working with VP Operations to identify and justify resource requirements in order to successfully support overall Operations and Company goals.
- Interfacing with departmental leaders to ensure all Facility requirements are met, including maintenance, seating assignments, and lease management matters.
- Working with Manufacturing Supervisor and Engineering Team to collect and analyze relevant process data and then using this data to identify, explore, and implement process and efficiency
- Supporting R&D initiatives as required to facilitate successful transitions to Manufacturing.
- Using excellent communication and presentation skills to keep VP of Operations and Executive Team aware of pertinent manufacturing process, quality, or technical activities.
- Providing leadership and guidance to team of engineers, fostering an environment of teamwork, initiative and continuous improvement, in order to attract and retain superior talent.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline. Advanced degree in Engineering or Management is a plus.
- 10+ years Engineering experience in the medical device industry including a minimum of three years in a Manager role.
- Solid knowledge of QSR, ISO 13485, and MDD is critical.
- Thorough understanding of COGS and Manufacturing metrics essential.
- Proven ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment and decision making.
- Excellent communication and team building skills.
- Ability to organize and present data effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with LEAN principles and continuous improvement methodologies is a significant plus.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.