This position is responsible for developing and executing Nuvaira’s global training and education programs. The scope of responsibilities include both physician training (didactic and hands-on) and physician education (application of clinical evidence to patient selection), as well as broader evidence-based strategies to support clinician engagement and therapy adoption. This position will also be responsible for developing internal training programs to ensure the highest quality knowledge base and performance level of Nuvaira’s field staff. The role combines the need for strong content and project management abilities with field leadership skills and the ability to engage effectively with HCP constituents.
Under the leadership of the director, the clinical specialist team will train physician users and their staff, guide treating centers to building procedural competency, and proactively organize and communicate feedback to Nuvaira to inform our product enhancement and continuous improvement of our training programs. Additionally, the Director and team members may work cross-functionally on market development projects such as investigator-initiated studies and identification and development of centers-of-excellence and selective site expansion.
- Lead the training program development, implementation, and monitoring of training program quality
- Lead team of clinical specialists based in the US with close coordination and collaboration with the Nuvaira Clinical Affairs team during the U.S. pivotal trial
- As the principal Voice of Customer representative, develop trusted relationships with key product users to synthesize and relay physician feedback to Nuvaira
- Ensure team compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Professionally represent the company at internal and external meetings
- Participate in internal product development/testing/evaluation meetings and testing
- Align cross-functionally with Clinical Affairs and Market Development teams to ensure we are producing and communicating the most relevant clinical information in our educational programs.
- Lead the execution of the professional education plan, from both strategic and tactical aspects
- Participate in (or lead) the company’s Clinical Advisory Committee
- Engage and support the training of Healthcare Professionals (“HCPs”), KOLs, existing and potential customers, and other clinical and non-clinical organizations and groups
- Support the effective transition of the team from the clinical (pivotal trial) phase to the commercial (post-market) phase
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8-10 years medical industry experience required
- Experience providing hands-on training for physicians (ideally for complex interventional procedures)
- Experience with standard endoscopy equipment
- Willingness to travel nationally/internationally up to 75% of the time during clinically active periods
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret/use/present scientific literature and clinical study results
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Advanced degree in the sciences, i.e pulmonary medicine
- Foreign language competency with experience living and working abroad
- Experience working in a hospital setting, preferably critical-care medicine, pulmonary or other interventional procedure experience
- Medical writing ability
- Clinical trial experience (participation / site management / monitoring)
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.