The Director, Training and Education is responsible for leading Nuvaira’s global training efforts, to include Professional Education (customer training) and Sales Training (internal training). This individual will be responsible both for managing the content and leading the team responsible for delivering the content to both internal and external customers.
The role combines the need for strong content and project management abilities with field leadership skills, leading a team (of direct and potentially indirect reports) both in the US and abroad. Combined, these efforts focus on the effective training of Nuvaira customers and support of clinical cases.
Under the leadership of the director, the training team will communicate internally any market dynamics, device issues or potential improvements discovered during clinical use. Additionally, the team members may work cross-functionally on clinically related issues such as product/procedure enhancement, clinical trial design, regulatory submissions, and reimbursement strategies.
- Lead the development and delivery of training materials and programs both internally (sales) and externally (customers)
- Lead team of clinical trainers based in the US, along with shared responsibility for clinical trainers based in Europe
- Enhance procedure outcomes by providing on-site device support as needed (the primary responsibility of the training team members)
- Support company initiatives to drive clinical study enrollment
- Develop expert relationships with key technology users
- Communicate internally any field issues as they relate to the device
- Professionally represent the company at various internal and external meetings
- Participate in internal product development/testing/evaluation meetings and testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8-10 years medical device experience required (combination of training and education, marketing, sales/clinical support desired).
- Experience training physicians either on a new procedure or with a new technology is required.
- Experience in the field of pulmonology (bronchoscopy) and familiarity with standard endoscopy equipment is of benefit
- Ability to work independently (non-headquarters based position) and to lead a team of field-based clinical trainers
- Willingness to travel nationally/internationally up to 75% of the time during clinically active periods
- Proven organization skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret/use/present scientific literature and clinical study results
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.