The Clinical Specialist is the expert on all aspects of Nuvaira’s products and procedures. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the development of world-class physician training programs and providing training and on-site proctoring of physicians and users of Nuvaira products during clinical trials and commercial activity in his/her region. Working as part of a small team, the clinical specialist will train physician users and their staff, guide treating centers to building procedural competency, and proactively organize and communicate feedback to Nuvaira to inform our product enhancement and continuous improvement of our training programs. Additionally, the Clinical Specialist may work cross-functionally on market development projects such as investigator-initiated studies and identification and development of centers-of-excellence and selective site expansion.
- Develop recognized expertise with all aspects of the dNerva® targeted lung denervation system
- Develop expert-level skill in proctoring procedures, including guiding and advising physicians and healthcare professional (“HCP”) teams in best-practices to ensure optimal procedures and outcomes
- As a Voice of Customer representative, develop trusted relationships in assigned accounts to synthesize and relay physician and site feedback to Nuvaira
- Embrace and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Professionally represent the company at internal and external meetings
- Participate in internal product development/testing/evaluation meetings and testing
- Engage and support the training of HCPs, key opinion leaders, existing and potential customers, and other clinical and non-clinical organizations and groups
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 3 – 4 years medical device training experience required
- Experience providing hands-on training for HCPs in the field of pulmonology (bronchoscopy) and familiarity with standard endoscopy equipment preferred
- Ability to work independently (non-headquarters based position)
- Willing to travel nationally/internationally up to 75% of the time during clinically active periods
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret/use/present scientific literature and clinical study results
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.